Directorate of Health & Social Services
Blantyre Health Sector
Blantyre Health sector is one of the sectors under Blantyre District Council and is responsible for the provision of health services in the district.
We envision a district with improved health status of all people through our effective and efficient health care services.
Our mission is to stabilize and improve the health status of all people in Blantyre district by improving quality and access to essential health package so as to alleviate morbidity and mortality.
Inline with our mission, we have identified six (6) strategic objectives that we want to address by March 2023.
Strategic objectives (2020 – 2023)
- To increase the number of fully immunized children from 82 % to 90% by March 2023.
- To reduce stock-outs of essential tracer medicines from 8% in facilities to 6% by March 2023.
- To increase percentage of women accessing modern contraceptive from 40% to 58% by March 2023.
- To increase coverage of fully immunized of under ones from 82% to 90% by March 2023.
- To increase percentage of Health Posts operating & supporting integrated community health service delivery from 26% to 50% by March 2023.
- To increase postpartum care coverage from 60% to 65% by March 2023
The health services within the district are provided by Government facilities, Faith based organization and Privately-owned facilities. Below is a list of the available health facilities spread across the district: